On Thursday, July 9th, we had the 6th Eagle’s Wings Foundation donation presentation, which was directed by Julieta Reynoso, the foundation’s director.
Representing TAFER we had the privilege of having Mr. Fernando Gonzalez Jr., the Executive Vice-President of the TAFER Corporation, and responsible for all this being possible. Also present was Mr. Robert Kistner, Timeshare Project Director, who is responsible for collecting the contributions by the vacationing partners to achieve the support each year. And Juan Carlos Gonzalez, General Manager of Villa del Palmar Cancún.
At the event we had the participation by representatives of each association:
- Livier Barba (Mamita y Lety)
- Concepción Viveros (APAFHDEM)
- Paty Vásquez (VIFAC)
- Felipe Biermann (Cruz Roja)
- Martha Galván (ADANEC)
- Yusi Dzib Echeverría (Fundación Aitana)
- Sonia Cejas (Escuelita de Sonia)
- DIF Municipio Isla Mujeres
To start the event a count of all the associations
To start the event, a count was made of what the associations managed to acquire with last year’s donation, which was a total $43,205.00 USD that is $801,392.80MXN.
- APAFHDEM (Asociación de Padres de Familia con Hijos Deficientes Mentales de Benito Juárez A.C.)
- Awarded: $54,290.00 MN ($2,027.00 USD)
- The acquisition of computer equipment, air conditioners, as well as the repair of electrical installations was achieved.
- VIFAC (Vida y Familia de Quintana Roo A.C.)
- Awarded: $96,940.00 MN ($5,226.00 USD)
- Supported with ¾ parts of the cost to equip the computer room with 10 computers, 10 desks and 10 chairs to train future mothers.
- FUNDACION AITANA (Unidos por Aitana A.C.)
- Awarded: $150,000.00 MN ($8,087.00 USD)
- The remodeling and equipment of a baby room was achieved, as well as the acquisition of kitchen equipment and a variety of toys.
- DIF (Isla Mujeres)
- Awarded: $180,600.00 MN ($9,736.00 USD)
- The reconditioning of the therapeutic tank of the CRIM (Municipal Comprehensive Rehabilitation Center), currently used by around 80 people from the Isla Mujeres municipality, was achieved.
- MAMITA Y LETY (Mamita y Lety A.C.)
- Awarded: $19,729.80 MN ($1,064.00 USD)
- 4 fans were purchased and the elaboration and installation of blacksmith doors for protection
- CRUZ ROJA Isla Mujeres
- Awarded: $217,133.00 MN ($11,706.00 USD)
- Mannequins were purchased for training, an ambulance stretcher, ultrasound and a defibrillator, among other things
- ESCUELITA DE SONIA Con Tu Ayuda Si Cambias Una Vida A.C.
- Awarded: $82,700.00 MN ($4,459.00 USD)
- Improvements and repairs were made to school facilities (doors, windows, security cameras).
This year we were able to collect a total of $24,606.00 USD which is an approximate amount of $537,373.20 pesos.
|ESCUELITA DE SONIA||$45,000 MXN|
|CRUZ ROJA ISLA MUJERES||$44,000 MXN|
|DIF ISLA MUJERES||$88,400 MXN|
|FUNDACION AITANA||$50,000 MXN|
|MAMITA Y LETY||$41,600 MXN|
It goes without saying that the pandemic has affected us in a significant way. However, despite this, Villa del Palmar Cancún and the Tafer Corporation, through the Eagles Wings Foundation, make the effort to continue supporting, although not with the same amount as previous years. We are sure that better times will come, and this foundation will achieve the goal of touching and transforming lives and the environment. We deeply appreciate the effort and all the volunteers of Villas del Palmar Cancun and the Tafer Corporation.
Sometimes we feel that what we do is just a drop in the sea, but the sea would be less if it lacked a drop”
-Mother Teresa of Calcutta